Sunday, December 9, 2007

Carries you like a son




Deuteronomy 1:29 "...Do not be terrified; do not be afraid of them. The LORD your God, who is going before you, will fight for you, as he did for you in Egypt, before your very eyes, and in the desert. There you saw how the LORD your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place."

I love this verse. Mainly because I know how I carry my son. As close to my heart as possible. You know there are a lot of things going on in our lives right now. Bills that need to be paid, Finding a new job or a second one to help pay those bills, selling it all and moving to Charlotte, or not, to follow God's dreams for our lives. But through it all the ups and downs, I carry my son as close to my heart as possible. When Jayden cries I hold him, ( or pass him to his mom, but that isn't helping the point so we will pretend you didn't read that ). My mind is on him at night, during the day, at work, everywhere. Sometimes I get really close when he sleeping so I can feel him breathe on my face. I love it. Its easy in life when things are in turmoil to think that God doesn't care. Look at the Israelites, they just left Egypt, they walked through a split red sea...I mean seriously if that was me I think I would have missed it. There I would be with the Israelites, pharaohs chariots closing in on me, then the Red Sea would split and WHAM! I would Blackout...only to wake up and find pharaohs army washing up on the shore and I would be having to swim.....but back to the story. Not only did they go through this but then they went through the desert....hot, dry, no food, water, and your eating this stuff called manna that literally means "What is it" I don't know about you but I don't necessarily eat the stuff in the fridge that I have to ask What is it?...much less naming it that. We see only the hot, the dry and we feel like God is millions of miles away. Sometimes when Jayden is crying I put him in this special hold. He is facing the ground or to the side while he is pressed "STRONGLY" against my chest. He can't see me and he can only trust that I am not going to give him his first lesson in gravity. Now I can only imaging what you will be thinking when you see this. CALL SOCIAL SERVICES THIS GUY IS CRAZY. But he is in a great position, His arms and legs just hang down out of the way while his body is close. He may not know it....but I am not even a breath away to catch him, to protect him....and it is my favorite. I think God is like that sometimes with us. We see desert...but he his holding us close to his heart. We can't rely on our strength to make it, we can only trust God and hope he doesn't give us our first lesson on an Unfaithful God .

Anyway, sorry for rambling, but what can you expect its the name of my blog for crying out loud....