Thursday, December 6, 2007

Tell him about me






"Remember today that your children were not the ones who saw and experienced the discipline of the LORD your God: his majesty, his mighty hand, his outstretched arm..." , "Teach them to your children talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." Deuteronomy. 11:3, 19


I watched my son today and thought about these verses. What is it that God has been up to in my life? What things will I need to share with him as we grow together? How can I tell my son how great my God is? The stories He has given me without becoming irrelevant? He is the Lord's as am I. Every parent wants what is best for their children. I just hope I will have the courage to admit that I am not the best and that I cannot rely on my own strength or wisdom to raise him as a man of God. But may I be able to surrender Him to the Lord's wisdom down which ever path He leads. I love my baby, I will love my little boy. But Father, give me the wisdom to lead him to become a man after your very heart. May your Glory never become stale to talk about, May your word be "like honey on his lips".